Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in Las Vegas
Depending on your income and how many people you are supporting in your household, you might not be able to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. However, there are still options for you if you are inundated with debts and are afraid you won’t be able to pay them off.
To get more leniency with paying back your debts, you can file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy in Las Vegas, which will give you about 3-5 more years to pay off your debts. Though a Chapter 13 bankruptcy does not offer as clear of a break like for getting rid of debt as with a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, it will give you the ability to get debt-free.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Filing a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in Las Vegas
When you work with the bankruptcy attorneys at May Brock Law Group, we want you to be educated about the process you’re getting into. When you have the information you need to make an educated decision and are aware of what your finances are going to look like during the Chapter 13 bankruptcy process in Las Vegas, you will finally have some peace of mind.
The disadvantages of filing a Chapter 13 bankruptcy are as follows:
- You still have to pay on your debts for the bankruptcy period
- If you fail to complete your plan, your debts will not be discharged
- You must complete a debt repayment plan
At every step of the bankruptcy process, the attorneys at May Brock Law Group will be here to give you legal advice and guide you through the bankruptcy process.
The advantages of filing a Chapter 13 bankruptcy include:
- Not having to liquidate (sell) your assets
- Being able to manage your finances yourself
- Getting credit counseling to prevent debt from piling up again
- We are positive that the attorneys at May Brock Law Group
- will be able to help you get the legal assistance you need to tackle your impending bankruptcy.
Affordable, Quality Las Vegas Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Help
If you are contemplating filing bankruptcy, don’t panic. May Brock Law Group offers free bankruptcy consultations so we can give you an idea of what your options are. We don’t want you to feel helpless. If you need to file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy in Las Vegas, call May Brock Law Group at (702) 388-0404!